My new base from Boxcar arrived! Man, they did it fast too. I went with the size they recommended for Pilot presses – 8.5″ x 5″. However, now that I’m looking at it with my press I realize I probably should have measured the distance between my grippers because it’s only 8″. Maybe there’s something I’m missing here and it will work out – but I do NOT want to dent my base. Oh well…I suppose if it doesn’t fit in the Pilot I can always use it with the big C&P.
Actually, now that I’m looking more closely at the grippers it looks like they’re probably adjustable – just held on by bolts. Hopefully I can move them so I can use this size base! It would be just perfect for a flattened out A2 size card (4-1/4″ x 11″), provided I don’t do a full vertical bleed on both sides at once. Most of my cards just have the Tweedle Press logo centered on the back anyway.
Tomorrow I’m planning to call Roll Crafters to see about getting some new rollers for both the Pilot and the 8 x 12. I’ve pretty much decided on rubber, on advice both from some folks at Briar Press and Akua Water Based Inks . These inks are supposedly non toxic, and can apparently be cleaned off using vegetable oil (instead of water which could rust the press). I’m going to give them a try to see if they work well. This Friday will be my first official day that I begin taking off from my “real job” (aka the one that pays me) to work on Tweedle Press and Chicago Locavores, so I’m psyched!